Bo Katan Rebels

Want help working on a Rebel costume? Where to Start and Who to Talk to
And Costume Submission FAQs
xenadd

2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :FF2:

Bo Katan Rebels

by xenadd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey guys!

So the Rebels trailer was revealed at SWCO and it was amazing - that entire panel was such a lot, I had to run off afterwards to fix my wrecked Hera make-up!

Anyway - I was wondering if I would be able to do a Rebels Bo Katan under RL? She appears to be pretty emphatically on the side of light right now. I have a TCW Niteowl bucket as I was planning a Bo Katan way back when before being put off by the jetpack, and that can hopefully be shaved back/built into for the new less exaggerated shape. Plus, when my hair grows out a bit it should be pretty spot on.

Stroudy
Base XO, Event Co-ord

Medals: 4
Silver Star (1)
501st ID: 26680
2016 Troops:: 13
2017 Troops:: :Crew: :LL17: :Crew:

Re: Bo Katan Rebels

by Stroudy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm

It's a good question. I'll be honest I don't know the answer.

Try posting on the main US forum in the fringe section as someone is bound to have the answer there.

We clear Mando Obi Wan so I don't see why not

Elstree Base XO
Wales, Southwest & Midlands Event Co-Ordinator
xo@rebellegion.co.uk

Tal Skirata
Elstree Special Ops Clone Squadron CO

501st ID: 17717
2016 Troops:: 8
2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :LL17: :Crew: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by Tal Skirata » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm

It'll depend on what she does during the season, I'd say it's possible that even if she works with the Rebels they might not clear her as other bounty hunters haven't been allowed to clear despite working with the "good guys" due to the fact they're a bounty hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerrick Sunrunner
Base Commanding Officer

Medals: 5
Order of the Gold Star (2)
501st ID: 63827
2016 Troops:: 17
2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :LL17: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :FF2: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by Jerrick Sunrunner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Im with Will, it would ultimately depend where she ends-up, but theres nothing stopping you from joining the Mando Mercs clan here in the uk and then if she is a good gal could submit at that point.
My guess is becuase she was popular on Clone Wars she'll end-up siding with Sabine but who knows what Filoni has planned!
Mark Mulcaster-
Elstree Base Commanding Officer,

South East & London Event Co-ordinator
1138 Krayt Squadron CO [Call sign 'DT']
co@rebellegion.co.uk

xenadd

by xenadd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Mmm, Bo Katan is definitely not a bounty hunter and never has been, and from what we were shown it's definitely looking like she's going to be an ally through and through because of Reasons. It also makes the most character and narrative sense. But i shall do some sniffing around!

Dangams
Britannia Temple Master

Medals: 1
TFA Premiere (1)
2016 Troops:: 18
2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :FF2: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by Dangams » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

I'm with Xena on this, I think. 'Mandalorian' does not necessarily equal 'bounty hunter', and while TCW era Bo Katan was an antagonist who turned neutral in the end, all signs point to Rebels Bo Katan definitely ticking the protagonist box. Even just from the trailer, there's that shot of her flanked by Sabine and Sabine's mum, waving the Darksaber - it suggests she's going to be the anti-Empire leader that the Rebels Mando arc is leading up to, no?

Tal Skirata

Bo Katan Rebels

by Tal Skirata » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Just saying what I know in that Kal Skirata was a Mando from the republic commando novels and thorough out all the books is working for the republic but still isn't clearable by RL

Jerrick Sunrunner
Base Commanding Officer

2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :LL17: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :FF2: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by Jerrick Sunrunner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Dangams wrote:I'm with Xena on this, I think. 'Mandalorian' does not necessarily equal 'bounty hunter', and while TCW era Bo Katan was an antagonist who turned neutral in the end, all signs point to Rebels Bo Katan definitely ticking the protagonist box. Even just from the trailer, there's that shot of her flanked by Sabine and Sabine's mum, waving the Darksaber - it suggests she's going to be the anti-Empire leader that the Rebels Mando arc is leading up to, no?

I agree with you on that point being mando doesn't mean bounty hunter, but its a bit early doors to say she will be 100% on the rebels side. Whilst the obvious sign is that she will most likely be the mandalore or whatever they call it in canon it may be difficult to get approval at this juncture.
I for one would love for her to be included,from my experience the lmo wouldnt consider a single image in a trailer taken out of context as concrete proof.
That being said we dont want to stiffle on creativity or put a dampener on things, and so would be happy for you to start you research here. My advice still stands about joining the mandos, they would also be able to give you some great advice on how to tackle the costume :thumbsup
Keep us posted!
Mark Mulcaster-

co@rebellegion.co.uk

Jerrick Sunrunner
Base Commanding Officer

by Jerrick Sunrunner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Dangams wrote:I'm with Xena on this, I think. 'Mandalorian' does not necessarily equal 'bounty hunter', and while TCW era Bo Katan was an antagonist who turned neutral in the end, all signs point to Rebels Bo Katan definitely ticking the protagonist box. Even just from the trailer, there's that shot of her flanked by Sabine and Sabine's mum, waving the Darksaber - it suggests she's going to be the anti-Empire leader that the Rebels Mando arc is leading up to, no?

I agree with you on that point being mando doesn't mean bounty hunter, but its a bit early doors to say she will be 100% on the rebels side. Whilst the obvious sign is that she will most likely be the mandalore or whatever they call it in canon it may be difficult to get approval at this juncture.
I for one would love for her to be included,from my experience the lmo wouldnt consider a single image in a trailer taken out of context as concrete proof.
That being said we dont want to stiffle on creativity or put a dampener on things, and so would be happy for you to start you research here. My advice still stands about joining the mandos, they would also be able to give you some great advice on how to tackle the costume :thumbsup
Keep us posted!
Mark Mulcaster-

co@rebellegion.co.uk

NipNip
Active Rebel Legion Member

501st ID: 39725

by NipNip » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 am

I know I don't post much here but Mandalorian is something in my wheelhouse.

I have the "Mando Obi Wan" kit, but that is RL because it's a known Jedi in stolen armour, so should be discounted.

For me this would fall into the same category as house Wren Mandalorians. Just because they are not working with the empire doesn't mean they are automatically Rebel. They back to being just Mandalorian until they are seen to be clearly working with the Rebels.

I don't know if it's different here but the MMCC costume team typically wait for an entire season to air before releasing costumes requirements to ensure all storyline arcs have played out to get a true reflection of context.

I would be happy to help out however I can too with experience of Mando kits, plus joining the MMCC forum would get you access to some great reference materials

xenadd

by xenadd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

All totally fair. I am going off more than the trailer and the panel that was streamed for Bo Katan as an ally. She is shown explicitly working with the rebels, but there is a ways to go till we know more. Knowing this show, the direction and the creative behind it, though, I would be very surprised if they do a turnaround on where she stands.

There is at least one Ursa already over in the US, and I believe a number more in progress. I really feel that if Ursa can clear then Bo Katan should since there are a lot of parallels between the two narratively. Ursa's arc just took place over a significantly shorter period.

I'll def look in into signing up with the Mandos, but I'd really like it to be a dual costume if possible. Visually, the armour is noticeably different in shape and appearance to her more antagonistic appearance in TCW is it definitely a whole new look and not just an aesthetically-reworked copy.

Tal Skirata

by Tal Skirata » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Can't see any reason why this version wouldn't be allowed, I do agree with everyone just wanted to put that bit of info out just in case, I think this version will be clearable once we know a bit more about where her story is going.

xenadd

by xenadd » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:38 pm

I guess I'll start a wip thread over in Fringe, and we'll see what happens? If it needs to be moved or deleted, then so be it! The general consensus over on the global forum seems to be about the same as here - probably clearable, but hard to say for sure.

Thanks, all!

Return to Getting Started....These are your first steps