Blasting things

Props from any movie, any genre - and we love pics!
JediKnight Mik Law
Shadow Unit 77 Squadron CO (SCO)

Medals: 1
RLUK Supporter (1)
Mando Mercs Name: MandoMike/ Mik'Skaa
2016 Troops:: 11
2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :LL17: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK:

Re: Blasting things

by JediKnight Mik Law » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:47 pm

We ought to have an A280 owners club ;-)
Jedi knight Mik Law "May the force be with you.... Always"
Dark Mik Law "It's not vengeance I want, Its justice! But may the force protect any who stand in my way!"
ERT Callsign; Deadmeat "REBELSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Luietennant "Maniac" Dax "You see!!! You CAN pilot a lambda class shuttle through beggers canyon!"
Willrow Hood "RUN!!!"

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

501st ID: 19881
2017 Troops:: :LL17: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :FF2: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by BigFatCat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:00 pm

BBQ ribs for tea and drybrushing with a makeup brush for pudding.
I think I'm in love a bit. Or was that Elstree?Image

dragonhawkz
Event Co-Ordinator

2016 Troops:: 17
2017 Troops:: :RLUK: :RLUK: :SWCO17: :RLUK: :LL17: : :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK: :RLUK:

by dragonhawkz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Love it!!!

Think this means that we Rebels are able to out blast the Imperials.

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am

In the possibly flawed belief I have sufficient time before Sunday, I sanded back the painting (and drybrushing) in the places where the cosmetic panels will attach. Glued on the chamfered strips on top of the mag spacer and the thin bands at the front of the scope shroud and rear of the stock shroud. Sanded back any surplus glue this morning.

I will attempt to cut out and cement the wider plates on the shrouds tonight once the paint is rubbed back and maybe a bit of milliput filler in a couple of places. Reprime and repaint in places when set, drybrush again and seal.

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am

Perhaps not the best of timing but as I'm banished from the garage I had to do the rifle's sanding down out in the garden last night. Look away people.

1mm thick styrene sheets have been cemented over the two shrouds with a gap to the thinner strip to look a bit like the original props. The sheets need a little trimming back to tidy up and I'll scribe panel lines into the sheets before priming to visually mimic the reference pics. Need to cut out the little windows in the scope shroud too. Not looking forward to that.

Then there are the infamous V8 piston halves on the mag well. I plan an homage to them with some 1/35 Tamiya oil drums and some 1mm square styrene strips.

Got a new pot of plumbing cement and it was excellent. Well worth three pounds twenty two pence.

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Cut out, trimmed and scribed the shroud parts. Filled some of the gaps here and there.
Sanded back the paint and cemented one the Tamiya oil drums for the infamous pistons.
Maybe a little more filling and the construction is completed. Depends upon my mood tomorrow.
Now to reheat the lasagne for tea. ImageImage

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:27 am

Sanded the filler back on the stock and a bit under the scope rail. It's filled the hole there so I'm satisfied enough to leave it. Oil drums look reasonable.
Panel lines aren't great but when you see the screen used stuff ropey is not the word.
I think I'm happy enough to declare the build complete so I managed to get three coats of primer on before the school run this morning and I'll respray the black tonight. I believe I have enough time now to still drybrush and clear coat it and also sew the ERT greeblies on my backpack.

I have already fitted a new thicker and stiffer hose.

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

And you'd thought this had finished? Hell no as Samuel L Jackson would say.
Broken butt on the A280 has been epoxied and filled. Nasty crack needed hiding.

3d printed pipe adaptors for the barrel arrived and the receiver sanded clear to accept the pipe spine.

Cut a rough length of overflow for the spine and slid all the modules onto it.

The receiver needs a lot of work to tidy up but it's the first time it's all gone together and the alignment is spot on.Image

JediKnight Mik Law

RLUK Supporter (1)

by JediKnight Mik Law » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 am

Will it ever end? or will the blasters go on and on?? :P
Dark Mik Law "It's not vengeance I want, Its justice! But may the force protect any who stand in my way!"
Luietennant "Maniac" Dax "You see!!! You CAN pilot a lambda class shuttle through beggers canyon!"
Willrow Hood "RUN!!!"

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 am

I'm hoping these can come to a resolution. A280 butt has been repaired after coming to rest on a Winchester floor inexplicably.

My A300 barrel pipework isn't wide enough I've decided, it's about 12mm less than it should be. In the interests of expediency, I'm going with a 3d printed barrel assembly. I can then redesign my adaptors to fit a larger domestic pipe supply that's about 5mm less than ideal but much cheaper.

Printed modules will need sleeving to fit the other pipes used, as previous sections had but that's not too hard of a job. Modules need to be assembled onto the spine and the gaps filled before priming and painting. Good job I've a day off on the 23rd to play about with things.

I also now have 3 3d printed Rogue One Imperial grenades which I'll weight to feel more dangerous then paint up. Tight to fit LEDs into them in the exposed apertures as the parts need to be half unscrewed to show the area of illumination, making the whole thing liable to fall into 2 pieces. A couple of weighted models nicely painted without lights will work after a cautious initial field trial last Saturday.

And then there's the Rogue One demolition charges.

I have a couple of these printed off. I think I can fit 3AA rechargeable batteries into them to power the emitter from a cheap LED torch and a sub-mini switch to set the light on or flashing. I've drawn up the counter image which I can glue under a clear sheet to be illuminated from underneath. I could fit a beep to match the flash and can make them magnetic to attach to an object and retire to a suitable distance or let someone hold.

BigFatCat
Elstree PR Team

by BigFatCat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Finally I have all the physical components to assemble that satisfy me dimensionally.
In total, the A300 is 1110mm long. It's quite a big basket. I'll start the sanding and sleeving to get the barrel assembled and ready for mating with the receiver. Image

JediKnight Mik Law

RLUK Supporter (1)

by JediKnight Mik Law » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 am

Awesome work! Looking forward to seeing how these finish :thumbsup
Willrow Hood "RUN!!!"

Previous

Return to Show us your props (or chat about them)